Michael T. Smith
Michael T. Smith is an attorney who loves helping the people in his community with their legal needs. Michael practices in the areas of estate planning, probate, guardianship, and the formation of a business (e.g., corporation, limited liability company, etc.).
Michael enjoys helping people plan for their futures. He helps individuals and couples who want to review or update an existing estate plan, as well as those who want to prepare an estate plan for the first time. Estate planning is more than just a collection of documents. Michael helps his clients focus on the big picture of the people who are significant to them, and those that will assist them, as well as identify the people, organizations, or charities that they want to support as part of their planning.
Michael also provides probate assistance to families who have recently lost a loved one. Our office will help with all of the steps of transferring assets, dealing with debts and creditors, and complying with the procedural requirements of probate.
- Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, WA
Juris Doctor, cum laude
- The George Washington University, Washington, DC
Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude
Admission to Practice
- Washington State Bar Association
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association
- Ignite-U, Networking Group
- Boy Scouts of America, Volunteer Den Leader, Cubmaster (2017-present)
- Fife Area Swim Team, Supporter (2018-present)
- Ohana Swim Team, Supporter (2015-2018)
- Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors (2010-2016)
- Graduate of Leadership Program operated jointly by Tacoma-Pierce County Chamber of Commerce and Pacific Lutheran University (2010)
- Tacoma Opera, Board of Directors and Treasurer (2007-2012)
- Commencement Bay Rowing Club, Supporter (2002-present)
Contact us to talk with attorney Michael T. Smith.