Hillary J. Lovell
Hillary became a lawyer to help people. Whether you’ve recently lost a loved one, want to plan for the future, have a parent with dementia, or a child with disabilities, she can help you navigate complex scenarios to meet your needs and protect your family. Hillary handles estate, guardianship, and trust matters, fiduciary fraud, will contests, and vulnerable adult protection actions. She assists clients in obtaining vulnerable adult protection orders and other restraints to prevent the exploitation of vulnerable adults and persons with disabilities.
Before moving to Washington, Hillary practiced in a private law firm in South Carolina, where she gained considerable experience in estate planning, administration, and litigation and established guardianships for minors and individuals with diminished capacity. Her practice also involved corporate law, commercial and residential real estate, and personal injury, which often intersect with estates and guardianships.
Before private practice, Hillary was a South Carolina Bar Foundation Fellow, interning with Disability Rights South Carolina, part of the Disabilities Rights Network. While at Disability Rights SC, she assisted with disability rights cases involving abuse and neglect, community integration, and meaningful access to employment and educational opportunities.
Hillary was born and raised in Kent, Ohio. She and her partner Jeremy moved to Washington to be near their favorite past-time: hiking and backcountry camping. On weekends, they explore the mountains and beaches with their side-kick, Moo, the labrador retriever.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2011
- South Carolina University School of Law, Visiting Student 2010-2011
- Kent State University, B.A. Political Science, Summa Cum Laude, 2007
Admissions to Practice
- Washington State Bar Association: 2018
- South Carolina Bar Association: 2011
- S. District Court for the District of South Carolina: 2011
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Guardianship Committee, Pierce County Bar Association
- Executive Board, Treasurer, Pierce County Washington Women Lawyers
- Guardianship section of the Pierce County Bar Association
- Elder Law Section of the Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- South Carolina State Bar Association
- Pierce County Bar Association
Contact us to talk with attorney Hillary J. Lovell.